-->

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Zombie Legion - WIP #8 - Undead Stegadon

EDIT: The finished model can be seen HERE.

And here's the conversion process for the biggest rotten jewel in my horde, a crowning piece of it all - an undead stegadon. I saw a crewless one on eBay and thought to myself "why not?" - this beast as a filler was sure to take a lot of space!

Here's the beginning of it all - in October 2017. I started with opening its belly, adding some Milliput ribs, breaking off one of the horns, adding some entrails he'll be dragging along and some other damages to the body.


Following a suggestion I got on Carpe Noctem I replaced the weird 'ladder' that was lodged in the beast's leg with a zombie nailed to it. Something like Captain Ahab and Moby Dick. Not only it is an aesthetic improvement, but also adds another zombie to the composition, making it fit a bit better in the whole horde.


And by the end of the month, I managed to complete converting the monster itself, leaving me only with basing still to do. As you can see, I added all the zombie crewmen on top of it, ready to stab foe and friend alike - one of them holding a chain - that element was tricky. The flag will bear yet another symbol of my vampires, adding more verticality to the horde. There is also some more damage and dangling skin and I turned it into a beast of burden by adding all the pouches, barrels, bottles and other clutter. All of that was to emulate the style of miniatures from the 6th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle when they all had those little bags, potions, scrolls and other such things on them. I really like my miniatures 'busy' - as you can see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment